Thursday 8 March 2012

Words and Pictures : Warm

Pip over at meet me at mikes has a meme going on, and the theme of the meme (that is the meme's theme) is "warm". But enough silly behaviour, this is serious!

According to The free dictionary, warm is defined as, "having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat". So it's official, i am not warm, i am bloody hot!!! I am sure there will be a few Perth based bloggers who will have a slightly different take on this theme. It is difficult for us to say the word 'warm' at the moment and not jump to replace it with, 'hot, stinking hot, melting, surface of the sun' or something similar. Starting today we have yet another run of 38, 39, 38 etc etc degrees. We are now in our 4th month of 'crazy heat' summer, and my 3 year old wants to know, "when it will snow here like on Charlie and Lola".

Whenever my politically incorrect father used to see Japanese tourists in Perth during the summer, he always used to joke and say they were, "taking photos of the heat". So here is my photo of the heat!



Chin up people of Perth, it's nearly over for another year!                                        

9 comments:

  1. Yep... not really warm and a lot like HOT! I'm enjoying it mostly... of course I did just spend my morning in the air conditioned comfort of Spotlight! (but don't go there today if you don't have to because I hear there is 30% off on Monday and Tuesday ... wish I'd known before I'd bought)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the 30% off heads up, I need a couple of things but i will leave it 'til tuesday!

      Delete
  2. Are you sure it's nealy over...It's very extremely hot Charlie. "Taking photos of the heat",just brilliant. Just what is a meme?
    Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah! You started one, Sally sent me an email with the heads up. Welcome!

    Totally agree. Over it entirely. Was going to go down to the library today to pick up a crochet book that's come in for me but the thought of leaving the house made me cringe. Thank goodness for air conditioners. Hope you're hiding somewhere cool(ish) today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, believe it or not, i had to do the food shopping today. I know, i'm nuts, but the small child needed food (so selfish).

      Delete
  4. I'm a Perthie too Carolyn, but living in Germany at the moment. The weather's the complete opposite over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ling, it's a small world, half of my family were originally from Germany, around Frankfurt (offenbach, gross zimmern).

      Delete
  5. Hah! I have one of those non PC Dads too! I think he still thinks WW2 is in full swing. Sheesh! I wish it would rain pink milk snow on your lovely family! I do. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip,
      We had a break through today, only 30 deg and an afternoon sea breeze. It was lovely. Saw you on Etsy today, great pic of Bronte xx

      Delete