Wednesday 25 April 2012

4

No slacking off this year. I am on to this 4th birthday thing with 4 weeks to go. Normally it's a mad rush 7 days out and that always does my head in. I end up buying way more than i should just because i was unorganised. After taking my darling girl to the toy shop for a "look around" ( mummy speak for 'sussing out' the gift options), she failed to convince me to buy more than 2 things. This is bad, because if she can't find more than 2 things to buy in a toy shop, then what i believe to be repetitive rubbish must really be "repetitive rubbish".

So i have hit the sewing machine and the birthday outfit is already complete.





I was making a toy and some bunting for her kindy friend's birthday on Saturday, and i was politely informed that she 'wanted pom poms on a skirt just like the ones on the toy for Lily'. So a skirt with pom poms it had to be, with a top to match of course. I made the skirt up as i went along (this often happens depending on the fabrics available at the time), but i must confess that the toy is not one of my designs.



I saw a picture of one similar on a website ages ago, but i can't remember where. So if anyone knows who the creator is, please let me know so i can credit them for it.



Now back to the sewing machine for more creative birthday goodness, wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. You are so clever darling. A couple of 4 year old little girls are going to be so happy and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so gorgeous Carolyn!
    There is a big vintage market this weekend at Claremont showgrounds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, i'll have to look into that. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I immediately wanted pom poms before reading the text haha. Shows my taste is obviously similar to a 4 year olds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with wanting pom poms, it's perfectly natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one adorable birthday outfit, she is going to love it! Especially the pom poms, very cool. Hope there's been much more birthday crafting going on so you do manage to escape that all nighter on the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I better let you know, that I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award...
    http://sarahhodgsonblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/finds-gifts-and-liebster-blog-award.html

    See you on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me Sarah, that's lovely!

      Delete